BOX CLUTCH MAKING TUTORIAL
BOX CLUTCH TUTORIAL (with hollow clutch frame) - no sewing machine needed
Hollow clutch frames ( You can buy them from our stores )
We have different sizes available :
8 x 6 inch / 6 1/4 x 4.5 inch / 5.5 x 5.5 inch
- Exterior & Interior Fabrics
- Craft Glue & Super Glue
MAKING THE BAG EXTERIOR :
1. Cut a pair of frame-size cardboard pieces
2. Cut two pieces of fabrics, each fabric should a bit larger than the size of the cardboard piece, 1 inch (2 cm) larger at each side would be great.
3. Trim the four corners of each fabric piece then.
4. Iron the fabrics to erase any wrinkles.
5. Apply the craft glue to the surface of the cardboard.
6. Using a brush, spread the glue over the surface of the cardboard, make sure that the cardboard is covered with the glue evenly, which is very important.
7. let the glue dry for about 3 - 5 minutes, when you feel that the glue becomes a bit tacky and is not likely to seep through the fabric, your are ready to go with the next step.
8. Gently place the glued side of the cardboard onto the wrong side of the exterior fabric.
9. Apply craft glue onto the four edges of the fabric.
10. Wrap the fabric edges over the back of the cardboard.
11. Apply the supper glue into the channel of the frame.
12. Allow the glue to dry for a while, and put the fabric covered cardboard pieces into the metal frame, each piece on one side of the frame.
MAKING THE GUSSETS :
1. Cut two pieces of rectangle shaped fabrics, stitch a line on the longer side of each fabric, or you can simply fold the fabric over and glue it on without using the sewing machine.
2. Glue the two gusset pieces on only one side of the clutch.
MAKING THE CLUTCH INTERIOR :
1. Cut 2 pieces of fabrics for the clutch interior, each fabric should be a bit larger than the size of the cardboard, only with extra edge as same as the depth of the frame channel.
2. Spread the super glue over the wrong side of the interior fabrics.
3. Glue one piece of the interior fabric onto the interior of the clutch with the gussets sides already glued on.
FINISHING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GUSSETS :
Glue the other side of the two gussets pieces onto the other side of the clutch.
FINISHING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CLUTCH INTERIOR :
Glue the other piece of the interior fabric onto the other side of the clutch.
Ta’da, your clutch has now been made, how easy is that!!!