How to Sew a Pocket with Multiple Card Holder for your Clutch
I love little "extras" that keep things organized.
Let's get stared :
1) Cut one piece of fabric for the cards holder and pocket, it measures 7 1/2 inch wide and 23 inch long.
2) Refer to the above Pocket & Card Holder Diagram, mark 5 fold lines on the fabric.
3) Referring to the fold lines marked on the fabric, fold the cards holder, right sides together, along Fold Line 1, and press. Repeat with Fold Line 2, 3, 4, and press.
4) Topstitch the Fold Line 2 and Fold Line 4, 1/8 inch from the fold edge.
5) Mark a centre line from the Fold Line 2 to Fold Line 5, stitch a line down the center of the cards holder to make two card-size pockets, backtacking at the starting point.
6) Fold the pocket piece along Fold Line 5 with right sides facing, press and draw a line around the edge, use a 1/2 inch seam allowance.
7) Sew around the pocket piece, leaving a 3 inch unstitched along the top edge for turning. Trim the corners.
8) Turn the pocket piece right side out, and use a sharp tool to carefully push the corners out. Fold the raw edges of the opening to the inside.
9) Press the pocket piece, top stitch the top edge 1/8 inch from the edge, backtacking at both ends. Now, the folded-in edges will be secured in the topstitching.
10) Center the cards holder & pocket piece on the interior fabric, make sure it’s straight, pin around pocket. Leaving 1/8 inch from the edge, topstitch the pocket in place – down one side, across the bottom, and up the other side, backtacking at both ends.
Here's a look of the card holder pocket on the framed clutch :
- ALLEN Y