Installation of a rectangle slider enables the strap to be adjustable, and the removable function comes from the swivel hooks. This is particularly handy on the Cross-Body and Convertible Backpack projects, and it is a simple installation once you know how to do it.
To start with, you need to prepare below materials :
- 1 Cotton or Polypropylene Webbing ( About 50 inches )
- 1 Rectangle Slider ( Its width should be equal to the webbing )
- 2 Swivel Hooks ( Their width should be equal to the webbing )
- Thread one raw end of the strap through the center bar of the rectangle slider, flip over the strap and feed the end through the rectangle slider. Then loop the end around the center bar and pull it all the way through about 2 inches, wrong sides together.
- Fold over the raw end of the strap 2 inch and place that end as close as possible to the slider while still being able to stitch to secure it.
- Stitch a rectangular box with cross through the strap end to secure.
- Find the opposite raw end and feed it through the swivel hook, right side up.
- Then thread the raw end back through the rectangle slider
- Go up and over the center bar, passing over the end you sewed in place and pulling the raw end through the rectangle slider
- Find the other swivel hook, feed the free raw end through it about 2 inches
- Fold over the raw end of the strap and press
- Once again stitch using the rectangular box with cross through the strap end to secure
- Now the adjustable and removable strap is finished!
- It is great when sometimes you would like to wear your bag on your shoulder and the other times you want to wear it across the body, just change the length to suit your need.