This DIY project is an easy one that delivers impressive results.
You can try it in different leathers, fabrics and frames to create an excited look for your personal stylish box clutch.
XOXO Hollow Frame Clutch Making Tutorial | Learn More +
This PDF tutorial includes 12 pages comprehensive step by step instructions, 4 templates for the clutch making and 80 color photos.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to make the letters, it can be personalized to whatever letters or names you desire for the clutch.
Also, we will show you how to make the interior gussets and slip pocket.
WHAT YOU NEED :
LEATHER / FABRICS
- 1 Fat Eighth of Faux Leather or Real Leather for the Exterior (11 x 18 inch)
- 1 Fat Eighth of Colored / Patterned Fabric for Décor (11 x 18 inch)
- 1 Fat Quarter of Quilting Fabric for the Interior (22 x 18 inch)
- 6 1⁄4 x 4 1⁄2 inch Hollow Metal Clutch Frame
- 1 tube of permanent glue/ adhesive (such as UHU, Guttermann HT2)
- All purpose sewing thread
- Sewing machine
- Iron and iron board
- Blade and Scissors
- Mat and Ruler
- Needle and thread
- Flat-head screwdriver
Fabric pen and uni-ball pen
Tutorial outline :
Step 1 Print and cut the templates
Step 2 Transfer templates in leather & fabric
Step 3 Assembling the exterior for the clutch
Step 4 Making the gussets
Step 5 Assembling the interior for the clutch
With our full step by step tutorial, you can personalize it with a name, monogram or word to create your own unique box clutch.