In my previous blog, I have posted some articles showing some techniques and tips on How to Make a Clamshell Minaudière Clutch.
Now, I will share another enhanced skill with which you can make the clamshell clutch with the naked flex foam resulting in a soft touch.
The naked flex foam is great for clamshell clutch making, bookbinding, journal making, crafts, sewing and so much more.
What I like about this foam is the fact that it ends with a very soft touch on top of the plastic covers.
- Clamshell Clutch Frame
- Naked Flex Foam
- Exterior & Interior Fabrics
- Craft Glue
- UHU Glue
Step 1. Cut out two pieces of the naked flex foam, they should be large enough to cover the plastic cover
Step 2. Spread the craft glue all over the surface of the plastic covers
Step 3. Let the craft glue dry for a while, place the naked flex foam on the plastic cover and smooth out any air pockets carefully
Step 4. Trim off the excessive foam
Before the glue gets fully dry, trim off the foam along the edge. (Only applicable if you are using the thick fabric such as leather)
Step 5. Making the clutch exterior
- Cut out two pieces of fabric, iron flat;
- Spread the craft glue all over the surface of the naked flex foam;
- Spread the UHU glue around the edge of the plastic covers;
- Let the glue dry for a while, then wrap the fabric over the foam-covered plastic covers.
Step 6. Making the clutch interior
- Cut out two pieces of lining fabric;
- Spread the craft glue all over the surface of the plastic covers;
- Gently press the lining fabric onto the plastic covers;
- Trim off the excess lining fabric all around the frame.
Step 7. Making the gussets for the frame clutch | Tutorial learn more +
Step 8. Assemble the plastic covers with the clutch frame together
Step 10. The clamshell clutch is finished
Overall, the naked flex foam gives your minaudière clutch projects a more professional finish.