Yvonne Clutch Wallet DIY
This Yvonne clutch wallet is designed for daily use. There are two credit card holders and one money pocket while on each side, and the gusseted note slot will hold your cell phone, cash, note and receipts.
Excellent as a travel wallet as a passport will fit in the centre of the clutch wallet.
Most important, our metal purse frame will hold the wallet tight and secured!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Patterned fabric for the exterior - 9 x 10 inches
- Solid colored quilting fabric for the interior - 9 x 22 inches
- 8 1/4 x 3 inches metal purse frame ( SILVER | ANTIQUE BRASS )
- 1 Fat Quarter of fusible light weighted interfacing
- 1 tube of permanent glue (such as UHU, E6000, Gutermann HT2, etc)
- Sewing machine
- Iron and iron board
- Scissors and ruler
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Purse crimper or a pair of pliers
- Fabric pen and uni-ball pen
CUTTING THE FABRIC PIECES & INTERFACING
1) Cut one rectangle patterned fabric in 9 x 10 inches for the exterior.
2) Cut one rectangle interfacing in 8 ¼ x 9 inches.
3) Cut one solid colored fabric in 9 x 22 inches for the pocket and card holders of interior.
1) Fuse the interfacing to the wrong side of exterior fabric. Then press down the iron with slight pressure, lift and glide till all fabric is fused.
MAKING THE POCKET AND CARD HOLDERS
1) Fold the interior fabric in half along the market fold line 3, right sides together and press.
2) Referring to above pocket and card holder diagram, fold the pocket, wrong sides together, alone Fold Line 2, and press.
3) Then, fold along the Fold Line 1, right sides together and press.
4) Turn the fabric to other side, fold along the Fold Line 4, wrong sides together and press.
5) Then, fold along the Fold Line 5, right sides together and press.
6) Topstitch the Fold Line 2 and 4, 1/8 inch from the edge.
7) Stitch a line down the center of the cardholder to make 2 card-size pockets, backtacking at both ends.
8) Top stitch the side seams to secure it, leaving a 1/8 inch seams allowance.
SEWING UP THE EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR
1) With the exterior piece and interior piece right sides facing together, line up the edges.
2) Sew along the edge of the fleece, leaving topside unstitched.
3) Trim off the excessive fabric and four corners.
4) Pull the exterior out through the unstitched side, now the bag is right side out, then press.
5) Stitch the top opening 1/8 inch from the edge, then topstitch the exterior fabric along edges using 1/8 inch seam
GLUE THE CLUTCH WALLET
1) Spread a thin line of the glue along the channel from one hinge to another. Let the glue to dry for a 3 – 5 minutes. Then push the fabric edge into the channel of the frame, a flat-head screwdriver will be helpful to work the way around.
How to Glue the Bag into the Metal Purse Frame | LEARN MORE +
2) Repeat same step for the other side of the frame channel. Allow for 30 minutes for the glue to dry thoroughly, gently use the frame crimper to press along the frame for a more secure finish.
TA’DA, the Yvonne Clutch Wallet has been made !!!
Looking for a gift for your friend? Come visit our sister-shop here | PINKOASIS
- ALLEN Y